(Please note: All of these recipes are 100% gluten-free, 100% guilt-free, and 100% delicious)

Friday, January 18, 2013

Cheesy Bread



During my high school years, my friends and I (all too often) ordered Fat Jack's famous cheese sticks. When I began reminiscing it, it always stirs up a craving which means I need an alternative fast.  This cheesy bread, although quite different from the above, seems to satisfy my craving. Since I want it to be healthy, and gluten free, this is a fantastic alternative to Fat Jack's blissful cheesy bread.





INGREDIENTS:

- 1 egg, preferably from pastured hens
- 1/2 cup packed grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup packed shredded cheddar cheese (I like this brand)
- 2 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/8 cup coconut flour, or 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (I've only tried coconut flour)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda


DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.  Mix until well-combined.  Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Using a spatula or your hands, spread the gooey mixture out as thin as you can make it without seeing any holes.  Bake for 18-22 minutes.  The edges should be very browned, and the top should be nicely browned.  Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes.  Then use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the bread into wedges or pieces.  Serve warm, dipped in your favorite pizza sauce.

Makes 2-4 serving.
















(Adapted recipe from here)




2 comments:

  1. Ooh I can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mouth started watering the second you said fat jacks.... mmmm....

    ReplyDelete