(Please note: All of these recipes are 100% gluten-free, 100% guilt-free, and 100% delicious)

Monday, August 12, 2013

Paleo Meatloaf


I wouldn't say I'm a meatloaf lover, but after making this bad boy I think I can say that I officially am.

This is not your typical dry, flavorless, ketchup-required kind of meatloaf.  This meatloaf is full of flavor, very nutritious, perfectly textured, and of course delicious.  My whole family really enjoys this one, so hope you will too!  (Even you sister; I'm pretty sure this is a meatloaf you'll actually like).




INGREDIENTS:

- 2 cups almond flour (I use this kind)
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk (BPA-free is best)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, finely chopped
-  2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 egg, preferably from pastured hens
- 4 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper


DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.

2. Combine almond flour and coconut milk in a large bowl and mix well.  Set aside.

3. Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add coconut oil.  Saute the onions, carrots, and zucchini, stirring often, until slightly softened, (about 10 minutes).  With about 1 minute left of sauteing, add in the garlic.  Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.

4. Pour the sauteed vegetables into the almond flour/coconut milk mixture, and combine.

5. Add in the ground beef, egg, Italian Seasoning, and salt & pepper, and mix to combine (I use my clean hands for this).

6.  Place your mixture evenly into greased loaf pan, and bake for 50 minutes.


Enjoy warm, with sunny-side-up fried egg on top.  Yum!



Approximately 4-6 servings













(Adapted recipe from here)




1 comment: