(Please note: All of these recipes are 100% gluten-free, 100% guilt-free, and 100% delicious)

Monday, January 6, 2014

Steak with Green Beans and Mustard Sauce


I had a craving for steak the other day, and so this super quick and simple recipe was just what I needed to whip up for my little family.  I was slightly worried though, because my husband is not a big fan of mustard or shallots, but to my pleasant surprise, I got two big thumbs up (and from my toddler too)!

It's a really nice change from your plain 'ol steak and sugar-packed steak sauces.  Hope you enjoy this one as much as we did.




INGREDIENTS:

- 1 1/2 pounds grass-fed organic sirloin steak (or ribeye if desired)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper

- 1 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt


DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat grill to medium-high.  Season steak generously with sea salt and pepper.  Let sit for at least 5 minutes, and then grill to desired doneness.  (If you don't own a grill, just broil steaks for a couple minutes on each side, or until desired doneness).  Let steak rest for 5 minutes (very important), then slice thin, on the bias (against the grain).  

2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil.  Place green beans in boiling water (with a sprinkling of salt) and cook for 3 minutes, until bright green but still a bit crunchy.  Drain.

3. Place olive oil, mustard, red wine vinegar, shallots and sea salt in a blender and blend until smooth.  

4. Place steak and green beans on a large platter and pour sauce over top (or serve on the side).  Serve immediately.

Enjoy!


Approximately 3-4 servings












(Adapted recipe from here)


3 comments:

  1. Whoa! I'm impressed! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight and it was AMAZING! The sauce was so good, and easy. I found some Grass-fed sirloin stakes at Trader Joes and knew I had to splurge and make this. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to hear Kimberly!! So glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete